The story of this vineyard offers a vision of the tough existence in the Langhe hills. It is the story of Giovanni Lodali, a peasant and the son of peasant, who began to make wine for the customers at his small restaurant in Treiso, the only one existing in what was then a small village. After the war Giovanni constructed a house and large cellar, this being the period which created the roots and hopes for the Lodali family, linked to Treiso. In 1955 his son Lorenzo obtained a diploma from the oenological school in Alba. In 1958 Lorenzo, along with his wife Rita, produced his first vineyard selection: Barbaresco and Barolo, business went well and the wines were also sold abroad. In 1982 Lorenzo died. Rita, with her newborn son Walter, found the courage to continue and decided to carry on with the project, concentrating on quality and typical characteristics. Walter, in his turn obtaining a diploma from the oenological school in Alba, was an even younger heir to the family business. Already involved in the world of wine, he brought new life, caring for and improving the terrain of the Bric Sant’ Ambrogio and Rocche dei Sette Fratelli vineyards. He renewed the equipment in the cellars, perfecting wine-making and production techniques. In 2005 the vineyard produced the Lorens, (Lorenzo in the Piemonte dialect) Barolo and Barbaresco reserve wines, using selected grapes of the best years from the Bric Sant’ Ambrogio and Rocche dei Sette Fratelli vineyards. Giovanni, Lorenzo, Rita and Walter: three generations with their heart and roots in the Langa area.