PELLET ESTATE HENRY’S RESERVE 2016
Established in 2010, the Cabernet Sauvignon is hand crafted by the legendary Nils Venge from grapes grown exclusively in our historic Pellet Vineyard, a site that has been producing grapes for over 150 years. The Pellet Vineyard’s origin begins in 1859, when pioneer winemaker Henry Alphonse Pellet was hired by John Patchett to make wine from his grapes near the city of Napa. Charles Krug had also begun to make wine in 1858, and Henry Pellet became the second commercial wine maker in Napa County. Formally established in 1863, the Pellet Vineyard was among the first vineyards in Napa Valley intended for producing grapes for wine for consumers at large, rather than family & friends. In 1863, Pellet purchased 45 acres of land south of the town of St. Helena next to his neighbor, Dr. G.B. Crane, and planted 38 acres in vineyards. The label depicts the dawn of the age of electrification, the era when Pellet illuminated the path towards modern methodology, and with it, the high quality and age-worthy wines that define Napa Valley.
7 in stock