The new Spring Mountain Vineyard was formed from three separate properties: Spring Mountain Vineyards (Miravalle, 257 acres), Chateau Chevalier (Chevalier, 120 acres), and Draper Vineyards (La Perla, 435 acres).
La Perla, established in 1873 by Charles Lemme and expanded by the Schilling Spice family, originally covered 285 acres and was the first to plant Cabernet Sauvignon on Spring Mountain. The old winery, much of its original equipment, and horse-drawn carriages and wagons are preserved. Immediately below La Perla, the Beringer brothers planted their first vineyard in 1882 with a variety of grapes to support their budding winery.
To the north of the Beringer vineyard was Fortune Chevalier’s Chateau Chevalier, producing wine since 1891. Next to Chevalier, Tiburcio Parrott cultivated olives, citrus, and grapes and built a grand home named Miravalle on the estate.